Monday, February 23, 2009

Printing Issues

I think that graphic design is often limited by printing issues! The inability to replicate on-screen colors and dimensions is sooo frustrating!
I just had to let that out before I continue.

I went out an bought both premium presentation matte paper, and ultra premium presentation matte paper with the goal to find a nice thick paper to print on, so that double-sided printing would not be an issue. But now I've found myself with paper which is too thick for an envelope or letterhead (although it works great with my business cards!). So now I'm looking into different kinds of paper to print on. (Although it is VERY short notice to start doing this now)

When I printed out a mock-up for class I had used sketchpad paper (this is prior to buying the matte paper) because I needed a paper with a bit more weight to print on. And while I was expecting a blah kind of print out, the texture actually added a cool element to my design.
So now I would like to find a textured paper to print on that is a bit heavier than the sketchpad paper. I was thinking that some kind of scrapbooking paper could be kinda cool.

So I guess it's off to the store with me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment