Thursday, February 19, 2009

Experimenting with Other Mediums

So I had this FANTASTIC idea to use transparency paper for my business cards. I figured using this would not only make my cards more durable, but it would also be helpful because that way I wouldn't have to use the green border (like i had been using before) and I could leave those parts clear (to encourage the idea of movement more). However, after a few test prints I ran into come problems.
A. When they say that the other side is not printable, they mean it. All I got was a pile of ink (which was kinda cool though, as I could press it against something else and get some pretty cool textured prints).
B. The printed piece is very transparent still. Go figure. (haha.. I guess I didn't think that one out too well) ... So being able to paste something to the other side (such as the back side of the card) wouldn't be very legible.

So while it was a cool idea... in practice it just isn't plausible.
I think that I could resolve my problems by printing my front and back on the printable side of the transparency paper, and then attach them together with a piece of paper only between the main part of the board, however this wouldn't be doable for mass production. Everything would HAVE to be hand done and it would be HORRIBLY time consuming for the client.


No comments:

Post a Comment